Shawn M Lein – Resume
Inyo Fine Cannabis Dispensary
Digital Marketing Director – Mar 2016 – Jan 2017
Increased sales and brand loyalty through traditional, digital, content marketing and social media including community management. Improved website engagement through UX, e-commerce design and WP development.
Director of Engagement – Nov 2014 – Feb 2016
Director of User Experience – Nov 2012 – Nov 2014
Digital Studio Manager Mar 2011 – Nov 2012
Lead and grew the first digital studio for the agency as a working manager into an ongoing production team. Provided and directed design, production, and development of ad banners, eblasts, landing pages, microsites, marquees and social media components for many successful ad campaigns.
Created the first User Experience team for the agency while educating and guiding strategists and designers to expand their UX skills and expertise. Collaborated directly with clients, project managers and creatives to deliver award-winning websites and apps delivering brand messages and engaging users. Won multiple awards for my work on the Boeing.com redesign.
As Director of Engagement, I lead, inspired and increased an inter-office team of digital/interactive wizards including social media specialists, developers, digital strategists, content creators and SEO specialists to conceptualize, design, and build engaging interactive advertising. Enhanced creative solutions to client and technical challenges and ideated new digital content.
Best in Class: Airline website, Boeing.com – Interactive Media Awards 2015
Gold: Website – User Experience – Boeing.com – W3 Awards 2016
Gold: Website – Visual Appeal – Boeing.com – W3 Awards 2016
Notable Campaigns: #WHHSH, Vegas Season, Vegas Enablers, LasVegasdotcom The Man
Categories include: Travel & Tourism, Transportation & Aerospace, Technology, Healthcare, Retail & Package Goods, Food & Beverage, Utilities, Government & Public Affairs
- Awarded Employee of the Month, October 2012.
- Elected by Executive Team to The Council, an in-house employee representative and cultural group.
- Onboarding Department Trainer for User Experience, Strategy and Development groups.
Instructor – July 2010 – Mar 2013
Taught upper-level web design classes covering all aspects of Web and User Experience Design. Established the “dress rehearsal” portfolio review to better prepare students for job searches. Classes taught:
- IMD329: User-Centered Design I
- IMD339: UCD II – Usability Testing
- IMD225: Design and Interface for Interactive Media
- IMD201: Web Authoring I
- IMD450: Portfolio Presentation
- IMD405: Senior Project I
- IMD415: Senior Project II
- IMD440: Portfolio Preparation
- IMD450: Portfolio Presentation
Recognition: Faculty of the Month, February 2013
Senior User Experience Designer – May 2005 – Sept 2010
Primary Designer responsible for the User Experience Design of web-based programs and software created to engage users in managing their health and their medical expenses. Managed and Directed both internal and external UxD resources as needed. Involved in every step of the Agile product design process from gathering and contributing to Business Requirements through Interactive Design and User Testing and Feedback Analysis.
- “Engagement Index” (measure of both user adoption and ongoing engagement) Increase year over year: 2007: 89.6%; 2008: 137%; 2009: 112.4%
- Site certified by the National Council for Quality Assurance (NCQA). Noted in NCQA’s final summation as being “User friendly and intuitive”, “Well organized”, with “Helpful navigation.”
Owner, User Experience Director – July 2001 – Mar 2011
Responsible for all aspects of this home-based, e-commerce and promotional design business including advertising, sales, research, project management, web and graphic design, production and billing.
Notable Projects: The Official Jon Bon Jovi fan club, NJ Coors Light distributors, PokerStars.com DVD
- GetonMLS.com achieved $225,000 in monthly sales within 9 months of operation; noted in Money Magazine.
- Steppin’ Birkenstock Shoes online sales enabled two new brick-and-mortar store openings within three years.
- Designs for Whak Sak Industries increased sales by 21% (e-commerce improvements, Flash, print ads)
Senior Designer – July 1998 – June 2001
Designed the web sites of local, national and international e-commerce clients
Notable Client: Salton, Inc., makers of the Foreman Grill, Breadman, Juiceman, and Toastmaster. *Salton, Inc. year-over-year increase in net sales: 1999: 78%; 2000: 65.4%
Producer: bURNT.com – Jan 1997 – July 1998
Produced popular, college-centric video game site, awarded 4/5 rating by The Web Magazine, February 1998
Years Experience (2017)
User Experience (UxD)
- Leading Digital Creative & Dev Teams
- Client Communications & Guidance
- Digital Advertising/Marketing
- Digital Strategy
- Social Media and Content Marketing
- Teaching Design Theory and Process
- Integrating Design into Agile/Lean process
- Developing Policy, Procedures & Processes
- Cross-Team Collaboration
- Speaking both “Creative” and “Developer”
- User Flows and Consumer Journeys
- Web and Interactive UX Design (UxD)
- E-commerce and promotional design
- Information Architecture (IA)
- Interaction Design (IxD)
- Wireframing & Prototyping
- Interface / Visual (GUI) Design
- Usability Testing, Research & Application
- Analyzing Usage & User Stories
- Tree Testing, Card Sorting
- Great big, loving, healing hugs
- Interactive Multimedia & Banner Design
- WordPress Dev
- Front-End Code (HTML5, CSS, JS)
- Acrylic Painting & Digital Illustration
- Graphic Design
- Photo Editing
- Promotional and Creative Writing
- Believing “Good Enough” Is Good Enough
UX Software Used
Axure RP Pro
Other Software Used